FiiO X5iii 3rd Generation Music Player
The FiiO X5 3rd gen is equipped with two top-of-the-line AKM AK4490EN DACs, one for each channel. The AK4490EN is a part of a new generation of high-quality 32-bit DACs that supports all PCM and DSD formats. The X5 3rd gen has two separate crystal oscillators, one for the DSD/44.1/88.2/176.4/352.8kHz sampling rates and the other for 48/96/192/384kHz. This ensures that under all sampling rates, there is significantly reduced jitter, improved clock accuracy, more stable operation, and virtually no sampling rate conversion artifacts.
The outstanding sound quality of the final audio architecture employed in the X5 3rd generation is the result of closed beta users working tirelessly together with the team at FiiO in a quest to make this new X5iii sound the best that it can.
The X5 3rd gen has two headphones outputs - one single-ended and the other balanced. This allows the new X5iii to cater to fans of either headphones output type.
The X5 3rd gen, following in the footstep of FiiO's flagship DAP, also offers two modes of operation, pure music mode and Android mode. In Pure Music Mode, only the main music player is available, no other apps run for smoother operation and a purer sound.
In Android Mode, users are free to install and run any third-party Android apps according to their needs. By offering these two modes of operation.
The X5 3rd gen brings a number of new features for a convenient wireless experience, 2.4 GHz allows users to listen to their favorite online streaming services. Aptx ensures a low latency, high-quality wireless Bluetooth experience, and DLNA is supported for even more forms of wireless connectivity. With the X5 3rd gen, you can play your music anytime, anywhere.
• Display size: 3.97 inches
• Number of colours: 16.7 million colors
• Display type: IPS TFT
• Resolution: 480×800
• Pixel density: 233 ppi
• Touchscreen: Yes
• WIFI: 2.4GHz IEEE802.11 b/g/n standards supported
• Bluetooth: Bluetooth V4.0, aptX supported
• USB: Micro USB2.0
• RAM: 1GB
• Total ROM: 32GB
• Storage expansion type: Micro SD
• ROM available to user: About 26G
• Maximum storage expansion: 512GB (2 x 256GB Not Included)
• Volume control: 120 steps +/- button control (via analog- domain controller)
• Recommended headphone impedance: 16~150 Ω
• Equalizer: 10-band EQ (±6dB), 9 presets+custom preset, freestyle EQ curve drawing (to be added in the future), ViPER4 equalizer (to be added in the future)
• Balance control: 10 dB
• Gain control: Low/High
• USB DAC: Up to 192kHz/24bit supported
• Output power 1: ≥480 mW（16Ω / THD+N<1%)
• Output impedance: <1Ω (32Ω loaded)
• Output power 2: ≥250 mW（32Ω /THD+N<1%)
• Channel separation: >73 dB (1 kHz)
• Output power 3: ≥28 mW（300Ω / THD+N<1%)
• THD+N: <0.003% (1 kHz)
• Frequency response: 5 Hz~55 kHz (-3dB)
• Peak output voltage: >8 Vp-p
• SNR: ≥115 dB (A-weighted)
• Max. output current: 250mA (For reference)
• DSD: DSD64/128 (.iso, .dsf .dff)
• DXD: 352.8K
• APE FAST/High/Normal: 384kHz/24bit (MAX)
• APE Extra High: 192kHz/24bit (MAX)
• APE Insane: 48kHz/24bit (MAX)
• Apple Lossless: 384kHz/24bit (MAX)
• AIFF: 384kHz/24bit (MAX)
• FLAC: 384kHz/24bit (MAX)
• WAV: 384kHz/64bit (MAX)
• WMA LOSSLESS: 96kHz/24bit (MAX)
• Dimensions: 114.2mm x 66.2 mm x 14.8 mm
• Weight: 186g Unit